NIDISC 2014 is the 17th International Workshop on Nature Inspired Distributed Computing
held in conjunction with
The 28th IEEE/ACM International Parallel and Distributed Processing (IPDPS 2014)
May 19-23, 2014
NIDISC 2014 Program is available here
- Albert Y. Zomaya, The University of Sydney, Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pascal Bouvry, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg (email@example.com)
- Franciszek Seredynski, Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University, Poland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- El-Ghazali Talbi, University of Lille, INRIA, CNRS, France (email@example.com)
- M. Affenzeller, University of Hagenberg, Austria
- E. Alba, University of Málaga, Spain
- A. Al-Dubai, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom
- A. Al-Jumaily, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- L. Bononi, University of Bologna, Italy
- A. Boukerche, University of Ottawa, Canada
- J. Branke, University of Warwick, UK
- E. Cantú-Paz, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
- C. Coello, CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
- T. Crainic, CIRRELT Montréal, Canada
- H. González-Vélez, NCI Cloud Competency Centre, Ireland
- B. Di Martino, University of Naples, Italia
- T. El-Ghazawi, George Washington University, USA
- P. Herrero, Technical University of Madrid, Spain
- S. U. Khan, North Dakota State University, USA
- J. Kolodziej, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- A. Lewis, Griffith University, Australia
- M. Middendorf, University of Leipzig, Germany
- N. Melab, University of Lille, France
- M. Menai, KSU University, Saudi Arabia
- S. Mostaghim, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- A. Nakib, Université Paris Est Créteil, France
- A. J.Nebro, University of Málaga, Spain
- S. Nikoletseas, University of Patras and CTI, Greece
- C. Ribeiro, University of Fluminense, Brazil
- H. Sarbazi-azad, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
- G. Ch. Sirakoulis, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- G. Spezzano, University of Calabria, Italy
- Z. Tari, RMIT University, Australia
- F. Xhafa, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
- Grégoire Danoy, University of Luxembourg - Luxembourg - (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Techniques based on metaheuristics and nature-inspired paradigms can provide efficient solutions to a wide variety of problems. Moreover, parallel and distributed metaheuristics can be used to provide more powerful problem solving environments in a variety of fields, ranging, for example, from finance to bio- and health-informatics.This workshop seeks to provide an opportunity for researchers to explore the connection between metaheuristics and the development of solutions to problems that arise in operations research, parallel computing, telecommunications, and many others. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Nature-inspired methods (e.g. ant colonies, GAs, cellular automata, DNA and molecular computing, local search, etc) for problem solving environments.
- Parallel and distributed metaheuristics techniques (algorithms, technologies and tools).
- Applications combining traditional parallel and distributed computing and optimization techniques as well as theoretical issues (convergence, complexity, etc).
- Other algorithms and applications relating the above mentioned research areas.
Prospective authors of original, unpublished high quality research articles are invited to submit their contributions. NIDISC papers should not exceed 10 two-column pages including figures and references in the traditional IEEE format used in IPDPS. Authors can purchase up to two additional pages for camera-ready after acceptance.
Authors should submit a PDF or Word file through the EDAS system: http://edas.info/N16213. Paper submission indicates the intention of the author to present the paper at the NIDISC 2014 workshop.
All papers will be reviewed by Program Committee members. Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Parallel & Distributed Processing, Workshops and PhD Forum (IPDPSW) and made available in the IEEE Digital Library.
Submission Deadline -
December 16, 2013
January 8, 2014
Notification of Acceptance -
January 27, 2014
February 17, 2014
Final Copy Due -
March 14, 2014 March
Workshop - May 19-23, 2014